So bad I missed this one (from June 2007!)
Of course, others parts of the article are interesting but I was fighting with memory so...
Note some parts of this article can also be found in Flash Lite Help (link to LiveDoc)
The two things I noticed are
- GCollector runs every 60secondes...I was unable to see it works on Device Central's memory monitor.
- You can delete classes for unloaded SWF.
the point 2 is very interesting so I made some tests
- delete class B which inherits from class A will only delete class B
- it seems object of deleted class B will still have class A properties, events, functions (read will become something like an object of class A)
- article talk about loaded SWF, so I tried with movieclips inside my main swf, to see if it works the same : if I delete a class on movieclip 1 (on unload) and then attach movieClip 2, this new movieclip doesn't reload the class. It seems a deleted class is lost for ever...in the SWF.